ALL Wood Soloist Range
The new SOLOIST 900 is perfect proof of the combined know-how that Yao Hanson, Pierre Lelièvre and the PRODIPE GUITARS team have brought to the project..
This guitar is the flagship of the SOLOIST range, but more than anything else, it’s all about the choices we’ve made:
- Solid ovangkol for the back and the ribs. This wood, which sits somewhere between mahogany and rosewood, gives a rich, accurate and astonishingly powerful sound. We’ve chosen ovangkol because we want to show our commitment to modernity and performance. The soundboard is in solid Canadian cedar from Maderas Barber, a huge name among Spanish luthiers. At Maderas Barber, the wood is specially selected from the warehouse where it has been carefully stored for many years.
- Ebony for the fingerboard to ensure that the instrument stands the test of time and keeps on delivering a dynamic sound.
- Finally, Pierre Lelièvre has thought about the necessary adjustments to optimise a luthier-made guitar which is always ready to serve the musician.
All these elements have come together to make the SOLOIST 900 one of today’s top guitars in the market.
More about the Soloist 900
- The neck/the ease of play: the SOLOIST 900 has a fingerboard made of ebony, a type of wood which is as rare as it is dense. The guitar itself is really easy to hold and it only takes the lightest of touches to generate a dynamic, wonderful sound.
- The wood: the SOLOIST 900 is ALL solid wood – top quality African ovangkol for the back and ribs, and top quality Canadian cedar for the soundboard.
- The sound: ovangkol is not a random choice. In terms of the type of sound it produces, this wood is a cross between mahogany and rosewood, and it ensures that the SOLOIST 900 is worthy of being called a professional instrument.
What Pierre Lelièvre thinks
"I was instantly captivated by the sound potential and the personality of this instrument.
Extremely responsive and powerful, exquisite to play and beautifully crafted by a luthier. For me, it’s the quintessential guitar for the experienced student."
Solo guitarist - Member of Eclisses quatuor
First prize at the Ceyzériat National Music Competition in 2010 and Prize for the best interpretation of the mandatory piece at the Antony International Guitar Competition in 2012.
Teacher at the Claude Debussy conservatoire in Paris.